Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I feel so grown up . . .

So I did it, I purchased the FoodSaver and now that makes me a real grown-up. I mean, I was kind of a grown-up when I bought the our garage Freezer aka JAM FREEZER but now I really feel grown-up!


I've been thinking about buying meat in bulk and separating it out into small packaging. I've tried this before but I used ziploc bags and saran wrap, while it did work it was a pain to unwrap the saran wrap attached to the frozen meat to defrost. I'm hoping the FoodSaver will makes things much cleaner, neater and easier!

So while I was at Safeway dropping off & picking up a prescription, I was browsing the meat department and watched the meat manager take packages of meat out of there shelves and then sticker them with discounted pricing. After taking a closer look at the prices AND DATES, these were still days away from the "use by" date. So I thought, this is the perfect time to try out my FoodSaver (P.S. it's been sitting in my garage for over a month- yes this IS the perfect time!). I was so proud of myself, I wrote the new pricing on the package and sent a picture to my husband.


In my new box there were already several bags ready to go, so I put the meat in the bag, followed the directions inserting the bag edges into the sealer section and pressed wait for it . . . . SEAL and waited for the machine to do it's thing and viola. SEALED! 

Super easy peasy even if I do HATE touchy raw meat. I can't wait to use it again, thinking freezer meals, fruits, vegetables and more. 

Disclaimer: I'm not being paid to endorse this product, however FoodSaver if you want to send bags or coupons my way, I'd gladly accept them :)


1 comment:

samantha said...

We have been using one for years for meat. They are great. You can also use it for freezing berries. We freeze them on a cookie sheet first and then use our machine. Enjoy your new toy :)