Thursday, January 20, 2011

21 Days to getting Organized Day 17


Day 17 The Mail Station

OK Here it is . . . The BEFORE:

So believe it or not this black thing collects a lot of crap. Hanging crap, filing crap, ledge crap, and coat-purse-sweatshirt-backpack-anything with strap crap.

As you can see the TO BE FILED is quiet full . . . and needs to be filed.



I took everything out of the TO BE FILED and sorted into stacks.

Found this from a year and half ago. Isn't she sweet!

Got these from my "office space" and started filing all the paperwork into the labeled folders.

This was all the random paperwork that I HAD to keep but now realize I DON'T need.

Empty and wiped down.

Here are the labels I had before and I think it works pretty good.

AFTER

I need to work on training my husband better, he always stacks papers on the counters or buffet (I think he wants me to sort everything in his defense) which causes a little chaos but can be tamed with practice ; ) You're reading this right Hubs? I think if I trained myself to file on the first of every month then I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed filing 8 months worth of paperwork.

That's all, any suggestions?


4 comments:

Kristal said...

"...anything with a strap, crap..." you are hilarious! Your before didn't look that bad to me! Good job!

Elder Esplin said...

OH MAN! I'm loving those fabulous sorter thingies. I WISH! Great JOB!

Jennie {Cinnaberry Suite}

Sandy Jenney - Organize with Sandy said...

Love the sorter! I couldn't find one when I was looking for what I got... now of course they are easy to find. It looks great...
Found you from A Bowl Full of Lemons. Would love to have you visit my organizing link party.

Colleen said...

I love this system! Ours is similar but I like your bins better.