Thursday, January 13, 2011

21 Days to Getting Organized Day 12

Day 12 The Spice Cabinet & Drawer

OK this one was easy! I have one cabinet shelf in my pantry and then a spice drawer. I thought the spice drawer was pretty clean so I knew this challenge was going to be easy peasy.

Here's the BEFORE:

The Cabinet After the Pantry Challenge

The Drawer

The drawer after I emptied it and gave it a good washing.

 Remember how I thought my spice drawer was clean? Blehhh disgusting! A toothpick? Where did that come from? And how long has it been in there?
Washed the dividers.

Tossed several early 2K spices and seasonings . . .  who knew they had expiration dates. Obviously NOT me since I had a bunch to throw away! Yuck!

Here's the after. I thought about labeling each divider but since most of the spice containers are tall, you can't see where I was going to put the label. Instead I group like spices with like spices. Then I had an empty divider for envelope packets of random seasonings or mixes. There's even a little room left in the drawer!

That's it for now! Happy Friday  : )

9 comments:

Melissa @ Little Raindrops said...

Wow, I love your spice drawer! Awesome organization!! Keep up the great work. :)

Anonymous said...

How awesome are those spice dividers! Great job - looks terrific.

Anonymous said...

Well done! The drawer spice rack is a great solution!

Amanda said...

Loks fab! Love how you can see what is in each jar, well done!

Beth's Blog said...

I love the spice drawer, I never thought of that. It looks great!

Clean and Happy said...

Awesome! I love the drawer idea, if only I had some extra drawers!

Allison said...

I like the idea of a spice drawer. It's easy to see everything in there.

Cheryl said...

I really like the spice drawers! You did a great job making it look nice :)

Wellness Lady said...

Looks great! I've not seen those spice drawers before. Really cool!