Saturday, January 8, 2011

21 Days of Organizing Day 7

Day #7 The Pantry

Have a mentioned that we have a tiny house? Like 1,000 square feet tiny. There isn't a whole lot of wiggle room here! Sadly, we don't have an official pantry. I dream of the day when I can have a pantry like this:


or this: 

or even this:


When I look at these photos I can tell that these pantries aren't anything spectacular but they do make my heart go pitter patter! I think it's because everything is lined up perfectly straight and all color coordinated. I do LOVE that! I might be a little compulsive about arranging things.

For example, in the movie "Sleeping With The Enemy" I really didn't see what the big deal was with arranging the towels on the towel bar perfectly or arranging the cupboard with the labels just so. I mean, really Julia I don't see the problem!

Anyway . . . These are my pantry cupboards cabinets and counters. 

Before:

Counter "snack station" (mainly for lunches but there's treats in there too)

Left cupboard cabinet for spices, canned goods, side dishes and sauces

Above the microwave cabinet for cooking & baking oils and all sorts of random stuff

Right cupboard cabinet for snacks like crackers, popcorn (I like popcorn can you tell), peanut butter and other random stuff

Counter storage, ha! You can't tell but there are pasta canisters behind all the crap on the counter!

Lower right cabinet filled with cereals hold & cold


After:

I cleaned all the glass containers, the stand and the lids

A little peek inside the "snack station"

My new favorite treat!


Basically just tidied up a bit

I have always had labels but wanted to give you a closer look

I really wish I had a larger area for canned goods . . . then I could really get those lined up!

Top Shelf

This cabinet now holds cooking/baking oils, and things for hot drinks (all sorts of teas, latte mixes, and a little sugars for them).

Snack cabinet a little cleaner

And the pasta canisters

Last lower right cabinet



I really didn't do anything but straighten the boxes in this cabinet. I went shopping last Sunday and took everything out of the cabinets and wiped them down so they were already in pretty good shape.

Ahh now I can have this!
Yesterday was my 100th post & a giveaway. You can leave a comment there or here and be entered to win a $10 Starbucks giftcard! 

3 comments:

Amber said...

I love checking out your blog! And your challenge you're participating in right now makes me want to do some spicing up myself! I have that same "small house" problem where we are popping out from all sides! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Amanda said...

wow love your cupboards!! love the idea of the snack station on the counter too. bet it makes packing lunches easier.