Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 21 of 21


I did it!

Here's my last challenge of the 21 day challenge. Don't worry, I'm not quitting because I might be a little addicted!

My Favorite Organizing Idea

The Basket of Better Homes . . . the never ending, once a month, for the last four years, keep because I might need one day Better Homes and Garden Magazine. I love this magazine, I anxiously await the mailman's delivery of this little baby every month. I love the decorating and recipes and have even tried to duplicate a few myself. That being said, do I need the WHOLE magazine? I say I don't think so!

Here's my before:
The Basket that sits under my coffee table. It looks quite nice if I do say so myself. 

Apparently I collect PBteen too.
 
I threw the magazines onto the floor . . . 4 years people!

Got some sheet protectors and 3 ring binder

Made some labels . . . (although I didn't think this one completely through . . . the sheets are larger than the dividers. Still looks pretty!)

Ripped out the pages of the ideas I liked, put them in the sleeve protector and filed them under the appropriate heading. Then I recycled the magazines! All the ideas are now at my fingertips . . . I like it!

I can't thank you enough Toni! This was so much fun!

6 comments:

Patty said...

That must have taken a while, but a lot of fun looking through them again! Great idea!

Amy said...

I have used the same idea and it saves soo much space! And your ideas are way more organized. No more flipping through EVERY magazine looking for that one idea!

Great job!

Amy
www.notjustteach.blogspot.com

Ches said...

This is a gret idea, its been on my never ending to do list for a long time.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really love this so maybe you can come to my house for a few weeks and help your poor mama out.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, so brand of you! Everything looks great and I didn't know you loved that maz so much

Kelly

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Great job! I am in the process of doing that myself too! Angie xo
ps-Thanks for having me on your sidebar!