Sunday, January 9, 2011

21 Days of Organization Day 8


Day #8 The Coat Closet

When I saw this challenge appear I groaned . . . I knew this would be a big one for me (what is it with me and closets)? Tomorrow is another crazy Monday for me so I figured I rolled up my sleeves and dig in.

P.S. Jana this post is for you! You'll see why I need this challenge so bad. Keeping it really real ; )

Here's the Before:



In this itty bitty closet there are coats, hats, scarves, pillows, linens (Oh! that's where the linens were that are really supposed to go in the linen closet. I knew I was missing something the other day!) a sewing machine, purses, 2 old laptops (I can't tell you how heavy & thick they are!) laptop bags, a couple of totes, OSU magnetic darts, pillows (like 8 of them - not kidding) AND an OSU foam finger. What? You don't have a foam finger in your coat closet?

 
And here she is naked, vacuumed, wiped down and I must say smelling better. Do down pillows stink? Or maybe it was all the dust bunnies? Musty ehh.
 

And the After:
 
I put all the coats back in the closet (all facing the same way, zipped up and in like colors), then I put all my scarves on a hanger, then I put all the bags on the shelf (laptops bags, picnic bag, and then a tote (I filled the tote with the random purses, wallets and my pool hat). Lastly I stacked all the hats one on top of the other.

Look, there's nothing on the bottom! Which reminds me, when I did the linen closet we never replaced the carpet and I know we have extra. So I'm adding that to my "to-do list" carpet and trim . .  won't that be pretty!



We might be Beavers fans . .  just maybe. Hmm 7 OSU hats and 5 OSU jackets. Could be!
Go Beavs!

All done!
It only took me 45 mins to purge, toss, donate and relocate. I did cheat a little, I threw all the blankets and pillows into the spare bedroom so I can wash and hopefully put away in my newly transformed linen closet. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Amanda said...

wow awesome!!! looks great!

Catherine said...

How nice to see the floor - - big improvement!

Kristal said...

Looking at these early entries for ideas. Might use your scarves on a hanger idea. Thanks! Good Work!

Danyel said...

Looks awesome! Very nice work!

Staci @ Life's Sweeter with Chocolate said...

Great job on already being done!!!

Keeping Life Fun with one Craft at a Time said...

Looks good. I didn't ever think about putting my husband's hats in the coat closet. Now we are talking! Thanks for the idea.

Ches said...

Looks great and it only took 45 minutes, thats impressive.