Thursday, January 6, 2011

21 Days of Organizing Day 5 . . A little redemption!


Day 5 - Under the kitchen sink

When I saw the new challenge last night I was SO excited! I was a little discouraged about my linen closet (aka the nemesis). I drifted off to sleep with visions of beautiful linen closets! When I awoke this morning I was eager to get started on the "under the kitchen sink" project since I knew I didn't have too much to do : ) I like to keep that area pretty clean and tidy, the hubs always teases me for washing the garbage can!

Before:


I keep the trash, cleaners, garbage bags, and magic erasers under my kitchen sink.
Toni, are you cringing at all the harsh chemicals and cleaners? I didn't realize how many cleaners I have, maybe I need to take a closer look at your shaklee!



Naked and wiped down.




I cleaned out my cleaner holder and put everything back in. I like the "traveling" holder since I bring the whole thing to the bathroom to clean as well.


Cleaned the garbage can, and then loaded everything back in and under. I should mention, that at this point (even though the choices of contact paper are so cute and versatile) that I didn't want to cover my newer cabinets just yet.

Then decided to add some labels because it makes me happy!

I forgot how happy a label maker makes me : )


Here's my after: 
Challenge complete and feeling accomplished with a little redemption!!

5 comments:

April Sullivan said...

Looks great!

Rhiannon said...

great job and i love the label thing too! im adicted! i asked for one on my baby registry when i had my son!

Anonymous said...

Looks great & I love to label too!

Megan said...

Beautiful! BTW, a great alternative to shelf papers is some sort of vinyl liner. I got mine at IKEA but I know Costco and I am pretty sure Target has them. You can go for the soft, squishy stuff, but I prefer the more durable stuff that I can just wipe off. My cabinets are old but if I had new ones I wouldn't want to stick anything on them either!

Lisa H. said...

I felt the same way about my kitchen cabinets. They're still too new to cover up! I love that your label maker makes transparent labels, too! I'll have to see if mine has that option. :)