Thursday, January 13, 2011

21 Days to Getting Organized Day 11


Day 11 The Freezer

Well this was a weird one for me. I'm not a very good cook, I try but I'm still learning. I also not a very good planner, I try at that too but fail miserably. We are usually the type of people who shop for a week's worth of groceries at a time. I'm not sure if that's because our cabinets and freezer are so small or if it's just lack of planning, I assume the latter. That being said . . . here is my less than full freezer.

Before:

Inside
Inside Door

So like I said, empty. There's not a lot to organize. So I just emptied everything and gave it a warm water & soap cleaning. Toss a few items and loaded it back in there.

After:
Inside



Inside Door After

So like I said, empty. There's not a lot to organize. So I just emptied everything and gave it a warm water & soap cleaning. Tossed a few items and loaded it back in there.

I do have another freezer, we'll call her "The Jam Freezer". Why you ask? Well last summer we decided to pick berries to make freezer jam . . . fast forward 17 lbs of raspberries and 20 lbs of strawberries. I had a whole lotta jam but not enough freezer. So what's a girl to do, I gave away a bunch but I still had a ton of jam. So I long story short, I made the most expensive jam ever. Enter "The Jam Freezer", which I have great plans to fill one day with all my cooking and planning. Plus she makes me feel older and more mature. You know, all old people have freezers right?

Before:

 After:

That's all!

1 comment:

Melissa @ Little Raindrops said...

Hehe you're so funny that you have a jam freezer that makes you feel mature! I love it! :) I don't have the meal planning gift either, it's just something you have to set your mind to. There's a great book out called Saving Dinner that lays it all out for you that I love. And they're only week-at-a-time shopping lists. That's what I've been trying to do (rather than run to the store every other day!) Anyhow, your freezers look great even if they aren't filled to the brim. Keep up the good work!!