Saturday, January 1, 2011

21 Days to Getting Organized Challenge at A Bowl Full of Lemons

Here I am as one of my New Years Resolutions . .  more blogging, more organizing and less weight! Let me just say this is my FIRST linky party. I hope I do it correctly and I've already learned I need to take more "during" pictures.



Day #1 Challenge (Organizing the "junk" drawer)

Here's my kitchen junk drawer: BEFORE
 
It has: Foil, Cling Wrap, Wax Paper, Sandwich bags of all sizes, Straws, Stickers (for lunch love notes), Plastic Spoons & Forks, Coffee Filters, Lighters, and a Remote Control for a portable a/c unit that we haven't used since 2009. Nice! P.S. Did you notice the drawer is already labeled?
 
I took everything out, cleaned the drawer and then put almost everything back in.
 
Here's my kitchen junk drawer: AFTER

Front View

Side View

This was an easy task for me since I really didn't have too much junk in the junk drawer (my kitchen isn't big enough for a junk drawer - my kitchen is barely big enough for the sink let alone anything else!). I removed the Christmas Stickers and the A/C Remote since we haven't used it for over a year! Then just straightened everything else. I think the thing that took the longest was closing the foil and cling wrap boxes.

1 down and 20 more to go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your drawer makeover. Great job.

In the Land of Kate said...

Yay! All those pictures you posted were so cute! Good job with your junk drawer. Love you!

ps we rocked singing karaoke.